Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is it already here?

Let the celebrating commence!

Well, my family's traditional "Christmas Eve...Eve" celebration took place this afternoon and evening. The immediate family has always done some gift exchanging on this date. Growing up, Santa came on Christmas Eve morning, then we went to my grandparents' house for Christmas Eve dinner. My immediate family, along with my aunt, uncle, and their two children (mom's side) would spend the night together out there. As a kid, it was a time of lots of food and video games. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But I digress. Tonight we exchanged gifts and had a good dinner together. Due to some budget restrictions this year, my sisters and I did not swap, but they did get stuff for Grayson. Even during the worst financial times, everyone likes buying toys for kids. Gray had a good time, for the most part. He did have some meltdowns- they are becoming more intense and occurring more often, unfortunately. Teething may play a role at times, but we're pretty sure it's more of a phase of development right now. I love to see him exerting more personality and independence, but I don't like the outburts and frustrations that come with it. Just part of the road to growth as a child, I know. My child psychology classes from years past really don't serve justice to living the experience out on a day to day basis.

I'll try to get some pictures or video up here soon. We're going out to my grandmother's house tomorrow afternoon, and will return late tomorrow night. That will take care of my side of the family, and then on Christmas day proper, I'll do the routine with Jennifer's family.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like fun! Our whole family (not just us) is reigning back on gifts this year for the same reasons. As much as the reason stinks, in a way its kinda nice because I doubt it'll get as out of hand as it has in the past. Everyone does like giving kids toys lol.

As for the meltdowns... Yeah he's getting that age. Its rough. Good luck!