Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'll not become sick

A brief summation of the past 24 hours:

We went out with Kristen last night, as planned- bought gifts for Grayson from her, my grandmother, and one from us (more to come, I'm sure). I'm naturally a kid at heart, so it was as exciting for me to pick toys out as Grayson will be opening them. We're trying to get a nice balance of "new technology" toys (i.e. electronic dog that talks to you, toddler laptops, etc) and simple, imaginative toys (i.e. building blocks, cars, barnyard sets). Too many kids these days are obsessed with the latest gadgets, and I don't want Grayson growing into that kind of kid. Nothing wrong in using those toys, but a balance is necessary- especially in the 18month-3 year range. Kids are unbelievable creative.

Jennifer came in from work yesterday sick. She's a tad better today, though not completely better. Grayson was pretty miserable today..well, as miserable as he can be. He handles being sick quite well, in my opinion. Fussed about various things off and on. Fever wasn't ever very high (10o.4, adjusted), so we'll just kind of keep an eye on him tomorrow. He ate very well tonight, which is a true indication of his feeling alright. Hoping he sleeps through the night.

Going to finish watching Angles and Demons before it gets any later. Must get my wife to sleep at a decent hour tonight. Final week of Christmas prep is before me!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sorry to hear about your wife getting sick. Hope she gets well soon! Same w/ Grayson. Gotta love it when they don't act sick though... Kalila's like that too. 100.4 is barely even considered a temp (is funny, as much as a real one scares me I almost dislike those low ones more because there's not really anything we can do other than try to cool them down) so I wouldn't be surprised if he got through it quickly.

Sounds good about the toys. We try to do a mix like that too... Unfortunately most of Kalila's when she was really little were all the new tech ones because that's what everyone gave her. I wanted more wooden ones, but... Oh well. We've made up for it a bit since then... I think we actually went the other direction w/ our gifts this year... Only one talks and its still a pretend type thing.

Have fun w/ your movie.. We just finished the Mickey Christmas Carol :-D