Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Movies

Over the last few weeks, Jennifer and I have been watching Christmas movies. I love 'em. Well, these viewings have made me think about my favorites. It's hard to narrow them down, but here are my top 5 "Christmas" movies:

5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Showing us what makes the season so joyful can also drive us mad: Family.
Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f***ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a**holes this side of the nuthouse.

4. The Santa Clause
Just a good, clean, funny movie.
Charlie, stay away from those things. They're reindeer, you don't know where they've been. They all look like they've got key lime disease.

3. Home Alone
The top 3 are quite a bit above the rest. This one is definitely watched yearly.
I made my family disappear!

2. Elf
The most recent Christmas movie to really grab my attention. I've seen this several dozen times and, for some reason, Grayson absolutely loves it. Excellent job by Will Ferrell. So very quotable.
First, I went through the seven levels of the Candy Cane Forest... Then, I went past the sea of twirly, swirly gumdrops... And after that: I went through the Lincoln Tunnel.

1. Die Hard
The perfect guy Christmas movie. I suggest reading this article regarding its inclusion in the Christmas genre. I love me some John McClane.
"Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."

those that just missed the cut but are very worthy of being watched every year include:
-White Christmas
-A Christmas Story
-How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon)

3 comments:

Kris said...

Nice... A lot of those are on our fav lists too. I haven't seen Elf yet though.

Keith said...

Haven't seen Elf yet?! Girl, you and Kalila are missing out on an excellent family Christmas comedy. If I had the means, I'd send you a copy tonight.

Kris said...

Its been on TV we just haven't seen it... and until Jas & I have its a no go for Kalila. I'm not sure why we haven't though... Will Ferrell is a favourite around here.