Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day for my wife's mom. We had the family over to our house, and I grilled teriyaki chicken, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, and onions- without getting soaked by passing showers, remarkably enough. It was a nice, relaxing day, with not a lot on the agenda. Those kind of days are few and far between. I'm thinking this week is going to be a steak week. I haven't cooked any steaks or burgers on the grill yet, and prime grilling weather is soon approaching. Actually, any weather is good grilling weather, though I'm not sure I'll be one of those who grills in the snow.

Backtracking a little bit, my interview at the board of education went very well Friday afternoon. Lasted about an hour, easily the most thorough and professional interview I've ever gone through. Lots of questions that were similar to the interview for the teacher education program, and by the end of it, I felt like she really liked me. It was nice to find out that she was a person who saw me working with special needs kids as an assistant a few years back and actually recommended that I get certification in Special Education. I'm now waiting on the principal to contact me. Considering he has already recommended me for hiring, it seems that it's just a formality until I can sign a contract. Hoping to before the beginning of June.

Back to the day's activities. Grayson and I decided that today we were going to eat lunch with Jennifer, so we planned an entire morning around that. We went to the library across town and got some books not available here in town, hung out with Memaw for a few minutes, then went to Barnes and Noble for a storytime they do every Monday. He had a lot of fun, though not as fun as at the Library. I'm very impressed with his ability to sit and listen to the story being read, especially as other kids are walking around. We browsed the books, played with a train set, and eventually left for lunch. As a side note, I could easily budget $50 a month just on children's books for Grayson. Getting books from the library every week helps alleviate the desire, but we love getting books!

Grayson is currently...hmm..I can't say with certainty what, which means I'd better check. Sitting on the couch, eating cheese. Better make sure the couch is clean before Mama gets home...

1 comment:

Kris said...

LOL - Don't you just love that fear when you realize its too quiet? Is nice when they're doing something non destructive when it happens... Same thing happened here a few min ago. I'm trying to work on our weeks menu & realized Kalila was entirely too quiet, turns out she fell asleep on her chair!

Glad things are going well. Food sounds so good lol. This is our easy food week because of the move. I can't wait to do the menu's after we get things together over there :-D

I'm the same way w/ kids books. We had to stop walking down to Half Priced Books. Yeah, they're cheap.. but they add up lol.

And yay for good interviews!