Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life of a homeowner

This sounds like a broken record, but I'm just too swamped to consistently think through and type up posts. I try to keep updated through facebook, though. It's so much quicker. So anyway, what's going on now? We're living in our house for the second week, and though much still needs to be done (as far as organizing the chaos) it feels like home. Have had some first time homeowner issues creep up, such as the refrigerator going out. Imagine the difficulty in going 4.5 days with only a minifridge. Not fun. We still haven't gotten it back (they can't find the leak, though they know it has one), but they were kind enough to bring us a loaner. It's in the garage, which is slightly inconvenient, but is a full size fridge. Gray and I went out this morning and restocked nearly everything. There's a slight leak on the tub/shower diverter that I can fix, but I haven't had the time. I gotta get under the house to reroute some phone line, but it's been pretty miserable outside lately. I should probably replace our bathroom outlets with GFCIs as well. So all these things will get taken care of in time. It was nice having someone else be responsible for stuff when living in a rental, but I'm actually excited to learn more about do-it-yourself home improvement stuff.

I've made it past the half way point of the semester. despite all the stress of previous assignments, I managed to pull the trifecta in grades. 3 out of 3 A's. The semester is only getting rougher though, with a number of assignments left. Grayson is very helpful, but I feel bad that he spends so much time playing alone. I guess it's good that he can, but I very much want to play with him or take him out to interact with others more. I'm just on such a tight schedule during the day.

I just realized something that needs to be taken care of before I leave for class this afternoon. Will make some mini updates throughout the next few days as time allows.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like fun! Jas is looking fwd to doing all that stuff too. Even the past few days, us going over and cleaning/doing yard work has made him happy. Me too for that matter...

That's great about the school stuff too!