Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Research and observations and housing, oh my!

Where to begin? I'm not all that keen on reliving the past several weeks, as it has essentially consisted of waking up, eating (at home or in the car), planning and implementing my research, staying current with reading assignments for all three classes, making sure that Grayson is cared for and not ignored, observing at a vocational rehab center, and going to class at night three times a week. Somehow, I've seen and spoken with my wife during this time frame. Not to mention having to go through the process of applying to teacher ed at the grad level. Deep breath. Oh by the way, throughout this entire process I (along with my wife) have been going through the somewhat complicated and stress ordeal of buying our first house!

I'm not looking for pity, because I know that despite my recent schedule, it pales in comparison to others. However, I'm pretty proud that I have made it this far without falling apart. Approximately 21 pages of research have been accomplished, my observations are finished for one course, I've read everything that needs to be read for the week, Grayson is alive and thriving, and my wife still recognizes me!

The house. So this is quite an accomplishment. After searching, hoping, failing, and hoping some more, we finally have a contract on a house! Was agreed to just under 2 weeks ago, and we close this Monday, God willing. Mountains of paperwork, phone calls, and faxes, and I'm still on pins and needles, just hoping that everything goes through. I'm not going to exhale until the papers are signed Monday morning. We should have key in hand some time on March 5th. We've been saving for this moment since we got married 5 1/2 years ago, and it's hard to believe the opportunity has finally come. Once the house is truly ours, I'll get some pictures and descriptions up.

I have midterms next week, so my weekend will be full of studying. Fortunately, the weekend of possession begins my spring break, so I'll have a little breathing room to work on the house. It's in move in shape, with the exception of a couple of paint jobs that need to be addressed.

I'm sure more things have happened over the past 3 weeks, but honestly, I probably missed them. I hate missing the Olympics, and all of my tv shows (except LOST, it's the only show I haven't missed lately). I even miss facebook at times. No comments from the peanut gallery on that one, please.

Well, this should do it for now. I needed this just to bring some normalcy to life. I gotta get back to work now, as the boy seems to be stirring from his nap.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Awww... That's great about the house, but hope things settle down for yall soon. Good luck w/ your midterms too!