Monday, January 25, 2010

Dinner with friends


Whew, it's been a tiring weekend. Saturday evening we went and had dinner with a couple of college friends. Hadn't seen them in quite some time, so was good to have a chance to eat and catch up. They've two young children, so it was definitely a kid friendly night. Grayson had a lot of fun playing with Avery and Oliver. It was funny watching Avery play with Grayson...she's soon to be three, and has the older sibling mindset down pat. She was constantly "helping" him do things, showing him new toys, and generally being a bossy sister. Looking forward to that dynamic between siblings.

Robert and I actually go back to my days at MTSU, as he led the Christian Center group on a few mission trips to Tanzania. We were roommates for a few years, and I was in his eventual wedding (I was friends with his future wife...she met him at a birthday celebration for me). A year later, he officiated my wedding. Even though we hadn't been in real close contact over the past few years, it was awesome to catch up.

In other news, school is pretty stressful right now. It's going to be a long semester, unfortunately. I need to do some school related activities while the boy is down. I'll end this brief note with a few pictures from Saturday night. I love the shots of Avery putting Grayson to "sleep".

1 comment:

Kris said...

Aww.. Looks like fun! Glad yall got a chance to catch up and all that.