Monday, April 28, 2008

What am I doing?!

Well, this is the first of what could be countless posts regarding life as a stay-at-home-dad (SAHD). I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. By that I mean both raising a child and blogging on this site semi-regularly. It'll be a lesson in discipline and devotion, I'm sure. Cashew (my yet to be born son) is scheduled for arrival on July 3rd, 2008. I couldn't be more ready for him to arrive and my wife is doing well. THERE. I've answered two of the most annoying questions I get. Poor people, they always mean well, and I avoid making them feel bad, but you gotta know how it goes:

Random person i haven't seen for at least 1 week: So, Keith, are you excited about the baby?
Me: Yeah, I can't wait... mention things about decorating the room, buying baby furniture...etc.
(what I'm really thinking: Well, yeah I can't wait for him to come out so that I don't have to keep answering your ridiculously boring question every 5 days! It's a freaking baby for crying out loud. A child that I planned to bring into this world! Why wouldn't I be excited about it? How about you ask me what I thought about the NFL draft? That be a question that you could not have asked me for the last 4 weeks!)
There. I feel much better. I promise this blog won't always take a cynical slant. But sometimes that's necessary. I hope you'll find some truth and maybe even a little humor at times. I'm in for the ride of my life and hopefully you'll enjoy some of the bumps along the way. Don't forget, I'm just the daddy!

No comments: